Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
The delivery charges for your order are calculated with reference to the final weight / bulk of the items. Any items which qualify for free shipping, wil cancel out and charges on further items you add to cart. This will be done at the final payment stage. For example, if you buy a violin with free shipping, the rosin you also add, will say delivery costs £1.25, but the free shipping violin will cancel that out at final checkout. If you are at all unsure, please call us on 016977 3965.
We can deliver to any UK address, providing that this is approved by your bank or card issuer during the payment process. Please note that the billing address requested during the order process MUST be the registered card address, as this information will be checked with your card issuer.
We endeavour to dispatch goods as soon as possible after your order is recieved. The majority of orders are sent out within 2 days of receipt. When ordering instruments such as violins and cellos, please allow some extra time for the instrument to go through our workshop process.
We supply a vast array of musical instruments and accessories to both individuals and educational establishments, and as a result it is unfortunately very difficult to keep all of our catalogue in stock at all times! Occasionally our suppliers also have stock shortages. In the event that orders are to be subject to unforseen extended delays, we will contact you to let you know. We will then give you the option to cancel your order or choose an alternative if you so wish.
Smaller orders will be sent using by 1st Class Royal Mail Post. Larger items will be sent using Fedex Express courier service - this is a fully-tracked service, and a signature will be required.
Deliveries using Royal Mail may be made at any time, Monday-Saturday. Deliveries using our courier services may be made at any time Monday-Friday between 09.00 and 18.30. You should ensure that someone will be at your chosen delivery address to sign for the parcel(s). If no-one is available to receive the parcel at the specified address, the courier will leave a card with details of the attempted delivery, and the date of the next delivery attempt / information on how to re-arrange delivery.
UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER
Signing for Parcels:
1) Please check the parcel(s) carefully for signs of damage. If any are found, mark the carriers' delivery note clearly 'CARTON DAMAGED'.
2) Check that the number of parcels corresponds with the number on the carriers' delivery note before signing.
3) Open and check the contents of the parcel AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Report any transit damage that was not visible from the outside, to the telephone number on our delivery note WITHIN 24 HOURS OF SIGNING FOR GOODS.
4) As soon as possible, test the items. KEEP ALL PACKAGING, MANUALS etc. until this is done (and preferably longer - see Returns section). In the unlikely event of something not working due to a manufacturing fault, contact us at . We will contact you to guide you through our returns procedure.
If your order consisted of a number of substantial items, these may be shipped in multiple boxes. Attached to one of the boxes will be your delivery note. The delivery note will list all of the ordered items, where items are to follow, this will be marked on your delivery note. Where there is a significant delay for part of your order, or stock in unobtainable, we will contact you to let you know. If you think that there are missing items from your order, please check the packaging thoroughly, as small items can sometimes be hidden within the internal packing. In the unlikely event that an item is supplied with missing parts, please contact us at: .
The vast majority of our orders go through without any problems, nevertheless, there are some circumstances where it may be necessary to return an item:
1) 'Cooling-off' period. If you decide that the item you have received really is unsuitable for what you need, under the Distance Selling Regulations, customers in the European Union have the right to cancel the purchase of an item within 8 days (7 working days of the day after the date the product is delivered). If you want to do this, please notify us by email at , or phone us on 016977 42800 within the 8 day period. Unless we have agreed to collect the product, you must return the product to us. You should return the products to us within 21 days of giving notice of cancellation. Where possible, please use or include with the product being returned, all original boxes, instructions/ documents and wrappings. Upon return, we will issue a refund for the price you paid for the products as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your notice of cancellation. We do expect you to have taken care of the item and reserve the right to recover the cost of any damage that has occurred whilst in your care or on its return delivery to us.
2) An item is faulty. If, in the unlikely event of you receiving an item which has a manufacturing fault, please contact us at or on 016977 42800 within 7 days. We will send you a returns label and arrange to have a repair effected or a replacement sent on return of the faulty one. The Returns Department will arrange this with you. Alternatively, at this stage you can have a full refund of the original purchase price.
3) Warranty repair after 7 days. All our products have a one year warranty from the date of purchase against manufacturing faults (though NOT accidental damage or misuse.) If a problem develops in that time, contact us at for the returns procedure. PLEASE NOTE - if you do not have the original packaging, please ensure you pack the items securely for their return journey - we cannot be held responsible for damage caused by insufficiently-packed goods on the return delivery.